The upper side of the Rockler, with the countersink.
I turned the bearing over and rigged up a marker to draw a line on the bearing. The 10-32 holes are numbered, the larger holes lettered.
note the spacing change in #3, #4 and #6 in comparison to the other holes!
Fortunately, the larger hole set seems to be consistent.
Rockler bearing mounted to Ring4, Internal drive gear slid onto 1/4-20 bolts.
Normally the nuts would be holding things together. Here they are providing clearance for the bolt heads since my Rockler has not had it's mounting holes countersunk.
The spur drive gear was temporarily spaced up on the motor shaft using washers as a way to get the spacing correct for it to mate with the internal gear mounted to the Rockler.
The core insert in incomplete, so for this test, we propped it up by running a couple of pieces of plastic between the shoulder rings.
|Above: Here's the hole pattern I cut for the motor mount.|
Left: The motor that supposed to mount in that position!
And here's why you do a prototype!
I don't know where I got that motor mounting bolt pattern.
I've looked back over the information I downloaded from Pololu and that's not it as you can tell from the Motor